Google
 

Friday, February 22, 2008

Melbourne

Just finished enrolment and got my student card. I'm now officially a student of the University of Melbourne.

Arrived here at 10am, Wednesday 20 Jan, and it was raining. Rained until errmmm..... 5pm i think. Then the next day was HOT!! And it's cloudy today. What'll it be tomorrow?




My room here at International House. The Internet here is crappy though. The quota's only 200 Mb per week (and A$0.05 per extra Mb). And I can only go online 5 hours at a time. What else? oh yeah, apparently "action will be taken if this limit is unacceptably exceeded". !@#$%

The House has about 240 students here. At today's breakfast alone I think i met more people than I actually want to. There's Shunsuke and Yuni (i think) from Japan, both exchange students, Michael, a soft-spoken Aussie chap, Dorm ( I think, really unsure how to spell it) from Mauritius, Charlie, no idea where he's from, yet, Alex, an American Vietnamese from Seattle, a Singaporean girl whose name i either dont remember or she didnt say. Damn. I'm not even sure I can remember their faces. And that was only half my table of 8. And there are more students coming. Info overload!

The briefings at the University was rubbish. So boring I fell asleep. Met another (!) Singaporean there and saw a few old schoolmates. But it was mostly a waste of time. At least the accounting lecturer was animated and lively, not the dead-man walking for Econs while the Finance fellow was somewhere in between. Too bored to continue after that.

Gonna nap now..... Until next time....

No comments: