Google
 

Friday, February 22, 2008

Monday 18th February 2008. The day of my driving exam.

Woke up damn early, at 6 a.m., which was already later than planned (5.30 a.m.). Anyway, since I woke up late, I had to go without breakfast. No problem there. Then the instructor came at 6.30 to fetch me to the office, where we were supposed to wait for the gal who was taking the exam on that day too. She arrived at 7.20. I could have made my breakfast, eaten it, and even slept a fair bit more. But the worst was yet to come.

We left the office at 7.30 (or thereabouts). Then we went on the NKVE. And the car broke down.
We were going for a driving exam and the car broke down. If that’s not ironic, I don’t know what is.

Anyways, turns out the bloody car was out of petrol. Something so avoidable, something so basic, and it happens. Murphy’s Law or Sod’s Law, whichever name you use, was at work. “What can go wrong will go wrong, at the worst possible moment.”

The car finally started at 8.20 or so. Next stop, Transport Department Headquarters. Apparently our request to take the exam on Monday was rejected and therefore we had to appeal. Another hour wasted there.

We finally reached the examination center at about 10. Then another long wait.
At 11, I took the on-the-road test. (I’m not admitting to any knowledge of any bribery or anything here.) The examiner was an idiot with an attitude problem. When I was turning out of the exam center, I had to stop at the junction because there was a jam. There was a garbage truck directly in front of me, obviously blocking my turn to the left. And what did the idiot say? “Move-lah!! What are you waiting for?”

Anyway, I was the last person to finish the exam (at about 3) because I was the last to register, due to the bloody rejection and subsequent appeal.

Passed.

No comments: