Google
 

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"Secret" --- Finally

Finally watched Jay Chou's "Secret"......... 1.5 months after it came out in Malaysia T.T Shows how hopelessly outdated I am......

Anyway, I thought the movie was quite good. Brought back many memories...... The so-called "secret" was lame. Really lame. But the BRILLIANT acting by the main actress was enough to save the movie and more. The first hour or so was very well done, very sweet and touching. The cinematography was fairly good as well.

I forget, I have a non-Chinese speaking audience as well. Anyway, for the movie is about 2 high school students, Ye Xiang Lun (the guy) and Lu Xiao Yu (the gal). Notice anything about their initials? The guy tranfers to a new school that has a music-based curriculum, meets the gal, falls in love with her. Reminds me of 2005........ Then the gal starts turning up less frequently for school and well, that's the secret : Why she isn't turning up. I'm not spoiling it for whoever is less fortunate than me, i.e those who haven't watched it yet.




The soundtrack is mostly classical, with the title track a rock number. The movie would be a musical if the music wasn't classical, that's how musical the movie is. If I'm not mistaken, in addition to writing the script and directing the movie and acting in it, Jay Chou also wrote the soundtrack. What talent....... So jealous.

It's damn good, take my word for it. Short too, at only 1.5 hours long. So take a bit of time out from your wonderfully busy schedule and watch it. Trust me.

No comments: