Google
 

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm really, really bored......... Doesn't feel like I've done anything since paintball a couple weeks back. Couldn't make it for Enchanted last Thursday because of prior commitments, so I've just been rotting/fermenting. Plus, paintball was DAMN expensive (albeit fun) , RM60 per head, my wallet hasn't forgiven me yet.

Here's my current schedule : wake up at 9-9.30, read the newspapers cover to cover till 11, mope around, bathe, etc till noon, lunch, watch some old movie, read, then sleep till it's time for a drama series (how the mighty have fallen! Me, watching dramas!) Dinner in front of the telly, then computer time. Even then, I've no idea what to do on the comp. There's only so much C&C/Counter-Strike/musicdownloads/Netsurfing one can do. I've even started watching old episodes of Naruto with my kid brother. THAT's how bored I am.

Probably the most interesting thing that's happened in the past few days is this discussion/argument I had with my kid brother. He said something about disliking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the movie, with Johnny Depp) because it was too dark. It's meant for kids, it's not supposed to be dark, he said. Well, the story itself was dark already, it's called "faithful adaptation". Need me to prove it? I'm presuming you guys have read the book or watched the movie.

The first kid got stuck in a pipe. The second kid got turned into a blueberry. The third got kicked into a garbage chute. The fourth was shrunk to the size of a peanut. Now, how is that funny? that's dark humour. Sounds horrid when I write it this way, but didn't everyone enjoy it in the book/movie? Sorry if I'm a bit of a wet blanket.

Then, to press my point, I asked : Aren't all fairy tales dark?

Snow White
was poisoned by her step-mother. Cinderella was enslaved by her family. (Interesting. Are all step-parents that bad?) Red Riding Hood's grandma was eaten by a wolf. The Little Mermaid died of a broken heart (the original Hans Christian Anderson version, not the Disney one). Sleeping Beauty was put into an enchanted sleep she wasn't supposed to wake from. Rapunzel's boyfriend was blinded. Need I say more?

I then challenged him to list any (kid's) cartoon with no violence or which isn't dark. The only ones he could think of were kiddie shows like Bob the Builder and Dora the Explorer. I rest my case.

Now, on my to do list: 1) Watch Enchanted 2) Watch The Golden Compass 3) take my Undang test (scheduled for nest week, with the lecture this Saturday.)

Hopefully The Golden Compass won't suck. I really liked the books (super dark ones, by the way). If it turns out like Ghost Rider, Spiderman 3, HP5, Beowulf (unspeakably sucky, this one) , etc., I'll never rest until I take over the movie studio and remake it. *evillaugh*

Oh, yeah, my aunt knows about this job. Pays RM 1800 for some organisational thingy for some exhibition. She says the client who's organizing that exhibition is really laid back and that it's buta gaji. Not gaji buta, mind you, buta gaji. And it's only for 2 weeks or so. Only problem is, I fail at the first requirement : Needs own transportation. That's coz the fler with the job has to run errands in the course of his work. Ah well, the price of youth........ Matthew, can I borrow your driver?

No comments: