Google
 

Thursday, September 6, 2007

The 7 Deadly Sins --- Pride

This would be the start of a series of posts on the 7 deadly sins, namely Luxuria (extravagance, later lust), Gula (gluttony), Avaritia (greed), Acedia (sloth), Ira (wrath, more commonly known as anger), Invidia (envy), and Superbia (pride).

Superbia (Pride)
Probably the one which is my greatest failing (the title of this blog should tell you that). I tend to have a self confidence which occasionally borders on arrogance. It doesn't help that I have above average intelligence, and others tend to take it as a big deal. Hence an inflated ego.

In life, I believe in not underestimating one's ability, nor overestimating it. Either way it is dangerous. Also, I go around with a "I'm right until I'm proven wrong" mentality. This has not gone down well with a couple of people. However, I believe that I still keep an open mind. You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. If you can convince me that I' wrong, then I'll gladly change my opinion.

I hereby apologize if what I have done in my pride has irritated/annoyed/hurt you.

No comments: